Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Genealogy lecture by Emily Croom

In May I went to a genealogy lecture by Emily Croom at the Fort Worth Public library. She is a speaker and has written several books and many articles. Her first presentation was called "Seeing is Not Always Believing". She gave many examples of information that was incorrect, and the processes she used to correct it. Her second presentation was "Gooly Girl and Fryed Ham". Eventually she did explain the names in the presentation. Along the way she explained her research process and several self-developed forms she uses for data analysis.The library provided a nice snack table in-between lectures, and there were many door-prizes given away. I didn't win any though. She has a free booklet on document citation on her website in the book section. I did request one of her books from the library when I got home. If I like it, maybe I'll buy it. I'm a big believer in "try before I buy". Especially for cookbooks and genealogy books. Her website is at: Unpuzzling the Past.

No comments:

Post a Comment