Sunday, November 20, 2011

Family History Scrapbooking Sunday: Parents

If you haven't been following along, you may wish to read my last two blog posts first for some background.

Our assignment this week was to make two to four pages about our parents. As usual, it took me a while to get the hang of Photoshop Elements, but then it got easier. On the first page, I couldn't decide what I wanted to put in the title block of "My Parents" for the background. Then I remembered about opacity. I really like how the print turned out with the opacity at 25%. It adds a little color without distracting from the font.
















I didn't have a lot of photos to select from, so I did one page on places my parents had lived. That was fun. I really enjoyed going through the old photos and picking out the best ones.

I also used one embellishment from the Genealogy Mega Kit I previously purchased at Digital Scrapbook Experts. I just thought the brad went on the "My Parents" page just fit in really well. I meant to add a couple more on these pages. Maybe next week.

Many thanks to the JessicaSprague.com kit designers: Crystal Wilkerson, Echo Park Paper Co., Live Esteban, Linda Roos, Jan Crowley, Cosmo Cricket, and Nisa Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment