Thursday, January 12, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy: Week 2 – Paid Online Genealogy Tools


  • Which paid genealogy tool do you appreciate the most? 
  • What special features put it at the top of your list? 
  • How can it help others with their genealogy research?

Along with many other Geneabloggers, my favorite paid tool is Ancestry.com.


So I'll mention one of it's features that I most like, the Suggested Records:




When I find a record of someone I am interested in, Ancestry places a list of other records that may be the same person to the right of my search results. This makes finding other records much quicker. I do, of course, analyze the record to make sure it is the same person. Often it is; sometimes, it is not.


This record is of my great-grandfather. And it may have taken me some time to find the mis-indexed Romedy surname which is listed in the Suggested Records. And indeed, that is him and his family in the 1910 Census.


This post is part of a 52 week series of blogging prompts by Amy Coffin of We Tree and suggested by Geneabloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment