Friday, January 13, 2012

Follow Friday: Niche Blogging

I'm a little late getting this posted today, but then the blogs of note today are a not the most recent either.

On the 6th, Marion Pierre-Louis posted "Everyone Needs a Niche, Right?"on her blog Marion's Roots and Rambles.  This made me pause to think what my niche might be, and I don't think I have one yet. But Marion had several good ideas.

Later on the 6th I found Bryna O'Sullivan's post "Genealogical Niche?" on her blog Explorations in Connecticut Genealogy. She discusses her niche areas.

Today I googled genealogy niche blog and found a blog from June 3rd by Drusilla Pair titled "Genealogy Niche" on her blog Find your Folks. Her posted pointed me to a free APG* video by Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, titled "Niche Planning and Marketing." It includes a syllabus. I know what I'm watching tonight!

So what is your niche?  What other niches need filled?

I've been thinking about a niche in school records or maybe Church of the Brethren records, since several of my ancestors belonged to the Church of the Brethren. I just wish I lived closer to their repositories.

*You can find other educational videos on the APG website and on Family Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment